What will a visit to the Gym at Market Drayton Community Amateur Sports Club be like?
It will have been 17 weeks since we were instructed to close but finally, we are being allowed to open again on 25th July.
We have missed everybody and are now really looking forward to welcoming you back. We are changing the way we operate, to keep everybody safe while exercising.
During the time we have been closed the building and equipment has been deep cleaned and refurbished. Some rearrangement has been necessary so that you can maintain social distancing while using the different machines.
- We will operate a booking system as social distancing rules require us to control numbers of people using the club at any one time. There will be three ways to book a timed slot:
- Our website will have an online booking system
- You can make a booking by telephoning the club during opening hours
- You can make a personal visit to make a booking.
- Each exercise booking will be limited to 45 minutes because each hour we will need 15 minutes to clean all equipment before the next booking slot.
- When you arrive, you will be asked to take a no contact temperature check. Should you have a fever you will be asked to go home and come another day.
- We will be operating what we have called super sanitising procedures:
- Please use the hand sanitisers placed through the building. The first one is right by the front door and you should use it when you come in.
- You will be coming into the building through the front door and asked to leave by the back door to reduce the risk of bumping into others.
- You are asked to use sanitising wipes provided to clean all equipment when you have finished using it.
- We would ask that you come prepared for the gym as changing rooms and toilets will be closed except for the disabled facility located in reception.
- We are installing a fantastic air purification system which has been shown to reduce surface bound virus counts by 99.99%.
So we have worked hard behind the scenes to get ready for your return, we will open the front doors a couple of days before the gymnasium can be used so that you can pop in and renew memberships. The last week of July will be a complimentary reintroduction period for everybody so come early.
As you can imagine there are still some details to work on and we will be in touch again nearer the time of opening with more information.